Austin Pick up (1970)
Vehicle descriptionWith Austin and Morris both being part of BMC, the Minor-based Morris commercials were also marketed as the Austin 6cwt and Austin 8cwt with a closed van and open pick-up version of the Minor being built from 1953 until the end of production in 1973. They were designed for commercial use with small businesses in mind, although many made their way to larger corporations. The van version was popular with the Post Office with the early version of these (to around 1956) having rubber front wings, to cope with the sometimes unforgiving busy situations in which they were expected to work. Both the van and the pick-up differed from the monocoque construction of the Saloon and Traveller variant by having a separate chassis. They also differed in details such as telescopic rear dampers, stiffer rear leaf springs and lower-ratio differentials to cope with the heavier loads.
|Registration no:||RGV 472H|